Cozy Alpaca Chunky
Cozy Alpaca Chunky has all the softness of 100% alpaca without the cost. Knit or crochet any type of hat, scarf, cowl or wrap. Cozy Alpaca Chunky an immense amount of drape, so if you are working up a longer garment, consider tightening up the gauge to give the garment more body.
When test knitting the resulting fabric was very soft and thick as well. There is just a tiny touch of a halo. The yarn holds up well to textured stitches. Samples shown is our standard stockinet swatch with some ribbing and garter stitch. It was wonderful to work with, so an additional swatch was done in a heavy texture lace stitch. Again a great success. The yarn would make great comfy pullovers, and well as a nice cardigan for Mom, Grandma or even yourself. Needless to say, a great yarn for toddler blankets.
With only 30% Baby Alpaca, this yarn is washable in cold and gentle water. Best to lay flat to dry to retain its shape. Despite the 70% acrylic, it feels like it is all super soft alpaca.
- Composition: 70% Acrylic, 30% Baby Alpaca
- Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Approx: 120 yds
- Size:  Bulky
- Knitting Machine:Silver Reed LK150or the Silver Reed SK155
- Knitting Needle Size: US 10 / 6 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 3.5 sts = 1" / 14 sts = 4"
- Crochet Hook Size: J10
- Crochet Gauge: 8-10 sc = 4"
- Care: Machine wash in cold water, gentle cycle (or hand wash). Lay flat to dry. (Do not tumble dry)
- Country of Origin: Peru
- Put-Up:hank. Must be wound before use.