Silver Reed Mid-Gauge Knitting Machine
Silver Reed currently offers the LK150 machine as its mid-gauge machine. This knitting machine will knit sport, worsted and bulky weight yarns. Two color knitting, texture, lace, cables and ribs are done by manual manipulation. This little workhorse is totally enjoyable! I'm very partial to this model!
I have a list of reasons why the LK150 is such a great machine. Of course, after selling them for 25 years, I would, wouldn't I?
- Least expensive machine.
- Best quality plastic bed machine today or ever had been made.
- Not intimidating. Easy to learn.
- Easy to move around the house or take in your RV. I can lift it with one hand.
- Needles have ball bearings on them, so the carriage glides really nice across the bed.
- Great for children to use due to its ease of use and quality.
- Knits the greatest range of yarns that I've seen on any machine, metal or otherwise.
- And if you decide you don't like machine knitting, you've only invested $440, and not the nearly $1,000 the other machines are.
- And if you decide you don't like machine knitting, the LK150 is the easiest machine to sell due to its weight for shipping and the high demand for these machines.
- People who love machine knitting will often buy up into the metal bed line, but never give up their first love, the LK150. That's why you don't see many of these used for sale.
Gosh-a top 10 !!