Silver Reed LK150 Mid-Gauge Knitting Machine
ORDER BY 10am, CST, Monday - Friday, and it ships same day!!
This knitting machine will knit sport, worsted and bulky weight yarns. Two color knitting, texture, lace, cables and ribs are done by manual manipulation. This little workhorse is totally enjoyable! I'm very partial to this model!
The Silver Reed Model LK150, for its simplicity in design and ease of use, will assure you fun and pleasure in your knitting. You will soon be able to make knitwear with all sorts of interesting patterns for sizes up to the full width of 150 needles, and because it handles a wide range of yarns from Sport (US Needle #4) through worsted weight yarns (US #9) and some heavier, you can make knitwear for the full four seasons of the year. It is extremely light weight and compact making it easy to carry and easy to store. Its specially designed roller-capped latch needle ensures smooth and quiet operation.
The carriage rests make the needle bed longer. Use them when knitting over more than 100 needles.
A helpful hint to save you some grief: We have had some problems with dime store/discount worsted weight yarns on this machine. If you plan on using a lot of low quality worsted weight yarns, I highly recommend the SK155 machine. These yarns are less pliable than the quality yarns, thus cause greater stress on the carriages. The SK155 is a heavy duty machine, much more suitable for discount afghan yarns, than the LK150.
The Important Stuff:
- All machines are shipped UPS Ground or occasionally USPS.
- No returns or exchanges on knitting machines.
- Due to fraud, we can only ship to the address that the credit card has on file. Any other address used will be voided, and the machine will shipped to billing address.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 90 days
VIDEOS: Please take the opportunity to check out my setting up of this machine. Anino TV on youtube.com also has some great videos. I've included one under my video tab, and she has many more. Anino uses the software DesignaKnit to design original patterns to fit her needs.
I have a list of reasons why the LK150 is such a great machine. Of course, after selling them for 30 years, I would, wouldn't I?
- Least expensive machine.
- Best quality plastic bed machine today or ever had been made.
- Not intimidating. Easy to learn.
- Easy to move around the house or take in your RV. I can lift it with one hand.
- Needles have ball bearings on them, so the carriage glides really nice across the bed.
- Great for children to use due to its ease of use and quality.
- Knits the greatest range of yarns that I've seen on any machine, metal or otherwise.
- And if you decide you don't like machine knitting, you've only invested $440, and not the nearly $1,000 the other machines are.
- And if you decide you don't like machine knitting, the LK150 is the easiest machine to sell due to its weight for shipping and the high demand for these machines.
- People who love machine knitting will often buy up into the metal bed line, but never give up their first love, the LK150. That's why you don't see many of these used for sale.
Gosh-a top 10 !!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
What is Included in the Silver Reed LK150 Knitting Machine
This is an overview of what you will find inside the box of a ...
Setting Up the Silver Reed LK150 Knitting Machine
This is a brief instruction on setting up your LK150 Knitting ...
FRONT SWEATER LK150 K360 KNITTING MACHINE
This video teaches, how to knit the v-neck sweater we designed...
30 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've never been able to knit, I'm not handy at sewing either. This machine is so much fun. The set-up is easy, but there is a learning curve for knitting - if you are a knitter and already understand things like gauge, tension, needles size and all the rest - it will be easier. I know nothing but I enjoy learning new things. There are helpful videos on-line. I am glad I got this machine and would recommend it.
Shipping was quick and my machine was very well packaged. I had a question about shipping and my question was answered quickly. I will be ordering again from this store.
Had one of these machines before. Service from Angelika's yarn store was fast and very reasonably priced. Very happy with service!
Love this, is the first time I have used a knitting machine. It is not difficult to use. Produces beautiful results.
It arrived just over two weeks after purchase! I’m extremely pleased!!
Thanks bunches, Angelika!!
I'm very pleased with this product. I used it for the first time this afternoon, tried out many sizes of yarn using several gauges. The carriage moves easily, the stitch dial and tension gauge work well together. Very easy machine to use.
Shipping was lightening fast, the machine was packaged well and the store answered all the questions I had.
This machine is all I hoped for - a machine great for beginners yet enough to do some more intricate designs and projects as well. My purchase also included super fast shipping and support from Angelika. I'm so glad I found this store to order from.
My LK150 arrived quickly and in perfect shape. I am very happy with my purchase as this machine is quite versatile. I will be mainly using this machine to knit up the stockinette sections of my hand knit sweaters but I like that I can also knit scarves, hats, socks and baby blankets using this machine.