Silver Reed LK150 Knitting Machine
This knitting machine will knit sport, worsted and bulky weight yarns. Two color knitting, texture, lace, cables and ribs are done by manual manipulation. This little workhorse is totally enjoyable! I'm very partial to this model!
The Silver Reed Model LK150, for its simplicity in design and ease of use, will assure you fun and pleasure in your knitting. You will soon be able to make knitwear with all sorts of interesting patterns for sizes up to the full width of 150 needles, and because it handles a wide range of yarns from Sport (US Needle #4) through worsted weight yarns (US #9) and some heavier, you can make knitwear for the full four seasons of the year. It is extremely light weight and compact making it easy to carry and easy to store. Its specially designed roller-capped latch needle ensures smooth and quiet operation.
The carriage rests make the needle bed longer. Use them when knitting over more than 100 needles.
A helpful hint to save you some grief: We have had some problems with dime store/discount worsted weight yarns on this machine. If you plan on using a lot of low quality worsted weight yarns, I highly recommend the SK155 machine. These yarns are less pliable than the quality yarns, thus cause greater stress on the carriages. The SK155 is a heavy duty machine, much more suitable for discount afghan yarns, than the LK150.
The Important Stuff:
- All machines are shipped UPS Ground or occasionally USPS.
- No returns or exchanges on knitting machines.
- Due to fraud, we can only ship to the address that the credit card has on file. Any other address used will be voided, and the machine will shipped to billing address.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 90 days
For Alaska and Hawaii,
please email for cost of shipping.
All machines are shipped UPS Ground.
Schools, please apply for quantity discount rates. Email email@example.com
I have a list of reasons why the LK150 is such a great machine. Of course, after selling them for 30 years, I would, wouldn't I?
- Least expensive machine.
- Best quality plastic bed machine today or ever had been made.
- Not intimidating. Easy to learn.
- Easy to move around the house or take in your RV. I can lift it with one hand.
- Needles have ball bearings on them, so the carriage glides really nice across the bed.
- Great for children to use due to its ease of use and quality.
- Knits the greatest range of yarns that I've seen on any machine, metal or otherwise.
- And if you decide you don't like machine knitting, you've only invested $440, and not the nearly $1,000 the other machines are.
- And if you decide you don't like machine knitting, the LK150 is the easiest machine to sell due to its weight for shipping and the high demand for these machines.
- People who love machine knitting will often buy up into the metal bed line, but never give up their first love, the LK150. That's why you don't see many of these used for sale.
Gosh-a top 10 !!
If there is any damage that occurred in shipping, please contact your local UPS office. They will come out and check the damage. Angelika’s Yarn Store LLC cannot start the claim.
Angelika’s Yarn Store LLC will not cover any damage to the machine that occurred during use. Angelika strongly recommends that pure cotton, rayon, and silk are not used on the machine. These fibers have no stretch, and the needles will struggle to knit them off. This often leads to the needle’s butts being shoved into the side of the bed and causing dings. These dings will cause future problems. Angelika recommends wool, acrylics and blends. As you learn your machine, wool and cotton blends may be introduced.
Angelika’s Yarn Store LLC also recommends that the carriage is moved back and forth at a sedate speed. Do not drive it back and forth fast. When jams occur, and there is a lot of speed and pressure on the carriage, the bed will be damaged.
Love your machine but start slow and easy during your learning curve.
Be sure to read the Warranty Card that comes with your machine and mail it back to the address on the back of the registration card.
Warranty is void if machine is used for paid production. Production of product for resell is considered production work.
Your machine will come with a warranty card. The machine will be warranted to the original purchaser that it will be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 3 months from the original date of purchase. This applies only if the machine is used for home use only, not for industrial or production work. Production of product for resell is considered production work.
Warranty will be voided if machine is modified, altered or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer; misuse or abuse of the machine other than what is recommended; or damaged in shipment.