Lorna's Laces Yarn - Shepherd Sock
This yarn is the most common weight for traditional socks. But Lorna's Laces colors are far from traditional. Have a fabulous time knitting or crocheting with the unique hand dyed colors in Shepherd Sock.
Shepherd Sock is also an ideal weight for lacey shawls or wraps. While knitters and crocheters don't think of sock yarn for infants, this weight is ideal for those small bodies. Shepherd Sock yarn is very soft, and is superb for infants because it washes so well.
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn is available in tonals as well as multis, this 80% Superwash Merino Wool 20% Nylon blend is soft, yet strong enough for great socks. The multi colors pool and swirl in unique ways, creating one of a kind socks for each knitter. They knit up especially interesting in slip stitch patterns. The tonals do well in all sorts of socks, from lace to cables, with a subtle color shading they add interest and depth to create stunning socks. Crochet for a delicate fabric, ideal for infant and baby garments, or adult cool weather garments. Shepherd Sock yarn is considered a fingering weight size, which is ideal for the standard gauge knitting machine, usually knit up around tension 8 or so, for 8 sts per inch.
Lorna's Laces, established in 1987, closed their doors in 2021. We will miss them. Inventory is limited to colors below.
- Composition: 80% Superwash Merino Wool, 20% Nylon
- Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Approx: 430 yds / 393 m
- Size:  Fingering
- Best suited for the Silver Reed Knitting Machines SK280 or SK840
- Knitting Needle Size: US 1 - 3 / 2.25 - 3.25 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 6.75 - 8 sts = 1"
- Crochet Hook Size: B-1 / 2.25 mm (C-2 / 2.75 mm, D-3 / 3.25 mm, E-4 / 3.5 mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 21-32 sc = 4"
- Care: Machine Wash Cold, Tumble Dry Low until just damp, Lay Flat to Finish
- Hand-Dyed here in the USA
- Put-Up: Hank