Araucania Yarns - Alpaka Reina
Extra-Fine King Alpaca, which is the term used for 19-micron (and finer) Royal Alpaca. That is one of the finest grades of Alpaca fiber in the world.
Note on gauge. We sampled this yarn on a US 8 needle with 4.5sts per inch. Perfect for drapey cowls, scarves and shawls. We would probably use a US 7 for hats, and for a pullover maybe even a 6 to get firm body for a long wearing garment.
- Composition: 100% King Alpaca
- Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Approx: 219 yds
- Size:  Worsted
- Knitting Machine: Silver Reed LK150
- Knitting Needle Size: US 7 - 9 / 4.5 - 5.5 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 4 - 5 sts = 1"
- Crochet Hook Size: 7 / 4.50 mm - I-9 / 5.50 mm
- Crochet Gauge: 11-14 sc using I-9 (5.5mm) to K-10.5 (6.5mm)
- Care: Hand wash in cold water, dry flat, do not bleach
- Spun in Bolivia
- Put-Up: Hank. Must be wound before used.