This yarn's shade of blue is deep and rich, but not extremely intense. A great casual and energetic shade of dark blue to medium blue. Love the casual yet dressy personality. Huasco Aran Yarn has a springy twist. I thoroughly loved testing it. I knit my knit sample on a US#9 and my crochet sample on a crochet hook I. Both the knitting needle and crochet hook are a 5.5mm. This yarn is marked as a worsted. On a #9 needle my gauge ended up at 4.5 sts per inch. In crochet I had 4 sc per inch on a I-9 hook. This yarn works up more evenly than any other yarn I've sampled.
The kettle dyeing is by Peruvian Artists. Yarn that is kettle dyed is placed in a small amount of water and the artist begins with placing the dye into the water. The yarn absorbs the yarn slightly unevenly. This is what produces the variations and intensity of the shades. This dying is what makes any kettle dyed yarn special.
- Fiber Content: 100% Luxurious Fine Merino Blend
- Weight: 100 g / 3.52 oz
- Approx: 197 yds / 180 m
- Size:  Worsted
- Best suited for the Silver Reed Knitting Machines Mid-Gauge LK150 or the bulky SK155
- Knitting Needle Size: US 7 - 9 / 4.5 - 5.5 mm (our sample was on a US#9)
- Knitting Gauge: 4 – 5 sts = 1" / 16-20 sts = 4"
- Crochet Hook Size: USI9 - K 10.5 (5.5-6.5mm) (our sample used a 5.5mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 11-14 sc = 4"
- Care: Machine or Hand Wash Cold Water. Dry Flat (do not tumble dry)
- Spun in Peru and Hand Painted by Peruvian Artists.
- Put-Up: Hank (must be caked or balled before using)