Mirasol Yarn - Sisa
The philosophy behind the Mirasol Project is very simple, the Mirasol Project supports local communities in Peru through the sales of the Mirasol Yarn Collection. Peru's heritage and culture of textile artistry is rich and ancient. The Mirasol Yarn Collection includes yarns made from the animals bred by these communities for generations in the Peruvian highlands. Without them we would not have this beautiful yarn.
By purchasing the Mirasol Yarn Collection you are supporting the shepherds and their families ensuring the continuation of this tradition.
Super soft and plushy, Sisa has a chainette construction. Your scarves and hats are sure to please and be super warm. For pullovers and cardigans, knit firmly if you are going to make them long!
Peru’s heritage and culture of textiles artistry is one of the richest in the world. It all begins in the highlands where Alpaca and Wool shepherds tender their animals in the Peruvian Sierra, growing the fine hair and wool that helps to create beautiful and soft yarns for hand knitting.
- Composition: 60% Merino Wool, 40% Baby Alpaca
- Weight: 50 grams / 1.75 oz
- Approx: 125m / 137 yds
- Size:  Bulky is on the label, but it knits up to a  Worsted. Since it works to a worsted gauge, it will work for worsted weight patterns, so we classify it as  Worsted.
- Best suited for the Silver Reed Knitting Machines SK155
- Knitting Needle Size: US 10-10.5 (6-6.5mm)
- Knitting Gauge: 4.5 - 5 sts = 1"
- Crochet Hook Size: K-M (6.5-9 mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 8-11 sc = 4"
- Care: Hand Wash
- Product of: Peru
- Put-Up: Hank