Cairns is a cotton acrylic yarn blend with many colors, designed to stripe. Cairns is great for summer garments such as short sleeve tops, vests over tanks or shells or a simple shoulder wrap should the occasion need one. Since it is a worsted weight, it knits and crochets up quickly and the color just pops.
Cairns is extremely popular in Sharyn Anhalt's Market Square. Her bag is knitted in 2 different and very contrasting colors. You can see it on here. This is a great gift. It is an enjoyable project to work on and the pattern repeat is only 4 rows.
- Fiber Content: 60% Cotton 40% Acrylic
- Weight: 100 g / 3.52 oz
- Approx: 190 yds / 175m
- Size: choices are:  Worsted
- Best suited for the Silver Reed Knitting Machines LK150 or SK155
- Knitting Needle Size: US 7 - 9 / 4.5 - 5.5 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 4 – 5 sts = 1" / 16-20 sts = 4"
- Crochet Hook Size: I9 - K10.5 / 5.5 - 6.5 mm
- Crochet Gauge: 11-14 sc = 4"
- Care: Machine Wash Cold Water, or Dry Clean. Dry Flat, do not Tumble Dry. Iron on low temperature.
- Product of: Italy
- Put-Up: Ball