DesignaKnit 9 Complete
Software for knitwear designers, hand knitters and machine knitters! Bring out your creativity!
(also requires Silver Link 5 cable to connect to SK840 (or discontinued models SK890, SK860.)
DesignaKnit, often referred to simply as DAK is a computer program for creating garments and designs for machine and hand knitting. It is the #1 program used in the world for designing.
What has changed? Download this 25 page pdf to see all the new changes!
Complete is the Professional Version that iincludes Hand Knitting module. DesignaKnit 9 now includes the Lace Feature. Everything in one program for the hand & machine knitter or designer who wants it all.
Here are the 5 sections you should know about in DAK 9. Start with Garment Styling and make a simple garment. Need to tweak the size? Create the garment in Garment Styling, save it, the open it in Original Pattern Drafting to add your custom measurements. Ready to move onto color or texture in your garment? Create that color, lace or texture work in Stitch Designer. Garment pieces may be laid out on a stitch pattern pattern and the positions adjusted until the desired effect is obtained. After this has been done, DesignaKnit makes the necessary adjustments when printing, downloading, or interactively knitting the integrated pattern, so that the knitted result is exactly what was shown on the Stitch Designer screen. To create a one of a kind design, use the graphics studio by importing and converting images to be knit-able.
DESIGNAKNIT 9 COMPLETE SECTIONS:
- Garment Styling: Select from a range of standard garments, apply standard size tables or your own measurements, and adjust the styling features. Garments designed in this way can be knitted as they are, or used as a starting point for your own original design in Original Pattern Drafting.
- Original Pattern Drafting: In Original Pattern Drafting there is almost as much freedom to design shaping as with pencil and paper, and DesignaKnit provides a lot of tools to make it easy and fun. Start with a standard shape from Garment Styling, start with a square, block or geometric shape, or start with tracing a garment shape using a background image. When the garment has been completed in Original Pattern Drafting, it is ready to be integrated with stitch patterns in Stitch Designer, taken into Interactive Knitting, or knitting instructions can be printed out.
- Stitch Designer: Stitch Designer invites you to design stitch patterns on a stitch related grid, across any number of pattern repeats, at almost any tensions, with or without fabric texture visible. Choose from a palette of simple drawing tools, or explore the pattern creating features made especially for designing knitwear. The stitch patterns made in Stitch Designer can be displayed on garment pieces in Original Pattern Drafting, or taken into Interactive Knitting, or knitting instructions can be printed out.
- Interactive Knitting: The Interactive Knitting screen shows the row by row progress of knitting, whether by hand or with a machine. It can be used for garment pieces or for swatches. Voice instructions or other alerts can be given when a yarn change or edge shaping is required, when markers have been inserted into the shape, when certain stitch symbols or stitch cables are present in the current row of the stitch pattern, or when the knitting technique changes - for example from Tuck to Fair Isle. Almost any knitting machine can be synchronized with Interactive Knitting using an optional cable link. With each pass of the carriage the screen is updated to show the progress of the work. Cable Links are suitable for all kinds of knitting techniques including plain knitting.
- Graphics Studio enables the conversion of standard graphic image files to DesignaKnit stitch patterns. Photographs, scans, screen shots of other software, and graphic art can all be used. It is possible to control exactly how image colors are converted to yarn colors. Yarn colors can be picked from the image - or any shade can be selected. The number of stitches and rows and the number of yarn colors per knitted row can also be entered.
Complete also includes hand knitting design and charting system, including an extensive collection of stitch cables. Select from 200 hand knitting stitch symbols with abbreviations and knitting instructions. Use as they are or alter the instructions to suit your needs.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the pdf to send in to upgrade DAK 7 or 8 to DAK 9.
HandKnit: A complete design and charting system for the hand knitter, including an extensive collection of stitch cables. Select from 200 new hand knitting stitch symbols with abbreviations and knitting instructions. Use as they are or alter to suit your needs.
Knitting Machine Standard: The basics for machine knitters with a set of standard garment shapes and great stitch pattern design features. Full support for colour changers. Select from a range of standard garments, apply standard size tables or your own measurements, and adjust the styling features. Make original shapes by modifying standard garments or starting from a square block.
Knitting Machine Professional: (the most popular). More features for the domestic machine knitter - the features of Machine Standard plus the freedom of Original Pattern Drafting. All of Standard Garment Styling, plus select from over 1000 built-in stitch patterns or make your own using a font of knitting symbols and a range of knitting oriented drawing tools. Integrate with garment pieces to see the finished effect. Receive row by row instructions while knitting, with a range of alerts for shaping, color changes, and stitch symbols and interactive Knitting. Garment shaping, stitch design, original pattern drafting, graphic studio, and interactive knitting.
Graphics Studio converts any image (photo, scanned punch card, pattern diagram) to a stitch pattern. Set the number of colors per row and control how image colors convert to yarn colors. Automatic birds-eye provides extra shades.
Choose printouts from charts showing yarn colors, stitch symbols, textures, with or without garment shaping, text instructions for hand knitters, templates for knitting machine punch cards & reader sheets, shaping outlines with notation, yarn calculations, and more.
Sorry, no Mac version available.
Sorry, no returns or exchanges on software.
- Windows XP or later (32-bit or 64-bit operating system). Mac owners can install Windows under Parallels and run DesignaKnit in that way.
- Screen size at least 800 x 600 pixels for the DesignaKnit program and at least 720p (1280 x 720 pixels) for on-line video tutorials.
- 600 Mbytes free hard drive space.