Cascade Yarns - Heritage Silk - Turquoise 5626 (awesome for shawls!!)
Extremely affordable, quality merino yarn blended with 15% silk. This touch of silk gives it an amazing drape over standard pure wool fingering weight yarns. Extremely popular for lace shawls and perfect knit or crochet T-tops or long sleeve tops for over jeans. In fact, this fingering weight yarn is perfect for a light weight crochet top. Don't forget the new baby! Knit or crochet a christening dress or sleeper for the new arrival.
Heritage Silk is a super-soft yet durable yarn that is machine washable and dryable because of its blend with superwash merino wool. Heritage has amazing stitch definition and with 437 yards and an array of colors, this yarn is great for one skein projects, such as socks, mitts and other fun accessories.
- Composition: 85% Superwash Merino Wool / 15% Silk
- Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Approx: 437 yds / 399.6 m
- Size:  Fingering
- Best suited for the Silver Reed SK280
- Knitting Needle Size: US 1 - 3 / 2.25 - 3.25 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 7 – 8 sts = 1"
- Crochet Hook Size: C / 2.75 mm (D / 3.25 mm, E / 3.50 mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 25 sc = 4" (10 cm) (23 sc = 4" (10 cm), 22 sc = 4" (10 cm)
- Care: Machine Wash Cold. Tumble Dry Cool. But we suggest hand wash and dry flat, if you can.
- Put-Up: Hank
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love this yarn. The turquoise is a pretty, bright turquoise. I have lots off heritage silk and plan for more. It’s a good superwash which doesn’t get sloppy opening up in thewasher or dryer. I tend to go a needle size larger since the recipients probably won’t be able to block my shawls. I haven’t had any splitting problems and it is so soft. I just wish they’d make more colors. It’s my go to yarn and the turquoise adds another pretty color to use.