Cascade Yarns - 220 Peruvian Wool - Evergreen 8722
Cascade 220 Wool Yarn is knitters and crocheters #1 favorite wool yarn. 220 yards of 100% Peruvian Wool yarn in hundreds of shades is ideal to felt with. 220 Yarn is time tested, reliable and a reputable wool that is the #1 most used wool yarn by knitters and crocheters. Cascade 220 yarn is now available with free shipping on orders over $120. All other orders $5 or less!
Cascade 220 Wool Yarn makes the best warm jackets, hats, scarves, everything for warmth. Everyones' favorite 100% Peruvian Wool, the most trusted yarn.
Cascade 220 is neither treated with a solution to remove the scales, or coated to keep them closed. Because of this, 220 wool, has retained its thermal properties. This yarn will keep you warm, yet still allow your skin to breath. Even wet, Cascade 220 will keep you warm, unlike superwash wools. But with that trade off you do need to hand wash this yarn. Machine washing with agitation, temperature changes and ph imbalances will cause the thermal scales to open and close, ending with a felted project. 220 yarn felts extremely well, and because of that it is one of the most sought after felting yarns. But I love it for jackets, vests, hats and cardigans!
- Composition: 100% Peruvian Highland Wool
- Yardage: 220 yds (200m). 3.5oz (100gr)
- Weight: 4-Worsted
- STS: 4.5 - 5
- Knitting Needle Size: US 7 - 8 / 4.5 - 5.0 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 18 - 20 = 4" (10 cm)
- Crochet Hook Size: H / 5.00 mm (I / 5.50 mm, J / 6.00 mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 14 sc = 4" (10 cm) (13 sc = 4" (10 cm), 13 sc = 4" (10 cm)
- Care: HAND WASH ONLY. Unless you want it to shrink and felt.