HiKoo Concentric 100% Baby Alpaca
HiKoo Yarns - Concentric
This 100% baby alpaca yarn is a real hit with knitters and crocheters. The resulting knit, crochet or woven fabric is extremely soft with stunning drape. Angelika's Yarn store is super excited to stock the colors. There are 4 really great knit patterns, some complimentary. These would not only be soft, but would be warm, yet lightweight. Perfect for travel because it will fold down and take up very little space in your luggage.
These colors were designed to create an stunning color change. Shades carefully selected to be pleasing and graceful. These extra large (200gr) balls workout to be about $24 per 100 grams. Most alpaca yarn for 100 gram skeins runs over $28. So you can see that the price is amazing.
Click through to the colors to see the shawl and cowl patterns.
- Composition: 100% Baby Alpaca
- Weight: 200 g / 7 oz
- Approx: 437 yds / 400 m
- Size:  Worsted (4 strands of lace weight, worked on a US#8 needle to allow the Alpaca to bloom)
- Best suited for the Silver Reed Mid-Gauge LK150 or Bulky SK155 knitting machine.
- Knitting Needle Size: US 8 / 5 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 5 sts = 1"
- Crochet Hook Size: H - I / 5 - 5.5 mm
- Care: Hand Wash, dry flat
- Put-Up: Cake
Here are some great patterns. It's funny how they are all the red! The first one is The Concentric Chevron Shawl Pattern, a complimentary pattern from HiKoo, designed by Chuck Wilmesher. The middle picture is Knit Purl Hunter's Transient, which is available for purchase on Ravelry. The cowl on the right is Concentrically Twisted Cowl is another design from Chuck Wilmesher, and another complimentary pattern.