Cascade Sorata Yarn
Sonata is a luxury yarn at a non luxury price. Llama fiber is extremely soft. Some consider it softer than Alpaca. With the added 30%, the resulting fiber has a elegant sheen. Sonata has a great drape. It is perfect for knit or crocheted softly flowing shawls. Consider a loosely fitting cropped vest or bolero. Because it is a fingering weight, you may think that this won't be warm enough for your needs. But Llama blended with silk is extremely warm and this blend will allow you to breath if you get overly warm.
When knit the resulting fabric is soft. Crochet in single crochet for extra thermal warmth.
Check out Brian Smith's Sorata pattern on Ravelry
- 70% Llama / 30% Silk
- Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Approx: 437 yds / 400 m
- Size:  Fingering
- Knitting Machine: Silver Reed SK280 or SK840
- Knitting Needle Size: US 1 - 3 / (2.25 - 3.25 mm)
- Knitting Gauge: 7 - 8 sts = 1"
- Care: Hand Wash Cold. Lay Flat to Dry
- Put-Up: Hank (must be wound before using.)