This yarn's color is a clean new terracotta shade. Considered orange by some, this has a tinge of red to it, making it more of a rustic orange. The color is nicely saturated, so it is not dull or dusty. Image shows yarn as a bit too dull. Actual color is more orange and a bit more intense. Quite lovely if you are into fall shades like me! The yarn's blend of alpaca, wool and silk takes the dye differently. The silk takes the dye less intensely, so there is a lovely heather appearance. This yarn is a single ply works up with a lot of loft and texture. My sample swatch was wonderful to work with.
Juniper Moon's best-selling yarn, Moonshine is a great choice for a variety of projects thanks to its high-quality materials. The organic silk content gives the yarn a vibrant sheen, while the combination of highland Peruvian wool and extra fine baby alpaca creates a plush, luxurious texture. Whether you’re looking to make something simple or complex, Moonshine will make your project look and feel amazing.
Moonshine lives up to its name! The (20%) organic silk content makes the colors glow, while the (40%) highland Peruvian wool and (40%) extra fine baby alpaca are a buttery soft combination. Whether knitting or crocheting simple mitts or elaborate sweaters, you'll be reaching for Moonshine again and again.
- Composition: 40% Wool, 40% Alpaca, 20% Organic Silk
- Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Approx: 197 yds
- Size:  Worsted
- Knitting Machine: Silver Reed LK150 or Silver Reed SK155
- Knitting Needle Size: US 7 - 9 / 4.5 - 5.5 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 4 – 4.5 sts = 1" / 18-20 sts = 4"
- Crochet Hook Size: 7 to I9 (4.5 - 5.5 mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 11-14 sc = 4"
- Care: Hand Wash, Dry Flat, Do Not Wring
- Product of: Peru
- Put-Up: hank. Must be wound before use.