This yarn's color is an earthy golden yellow. Nearly a daffodil shade, it is nicely bright and a rich honey color. The yarn's blend of alpaca, wool and silk takes the dye differently. The silk takes the dye less intensely, so there is a lovely heather appearance. This yarn is a single ply works up with a lot of loft and texture. My sample swatch was wonderful to work with.
Juniper Moon's best-selling yarn, Moonshine is a great choice for a variety of projects thanks to its high-quality materials. The organic silk content gives the yarn a vibrant sheen, while the combination of highland Peruvian wool and extra fine baby alpaca creates a plush, luxurious texture. Whether you’re looking to make something simple or complex, Moonshine will make your project look and feel amazing.
Moonshine lives up to its name! The (20%) organic silk content makes the colors glow, while the (40%) highland Peruvian wool and (40%) extra fine baby alpaca are a buttery soft combination. Whether knitting or crocheting simple mitts or elaborate sweaters, you'll be reaching for Moonshine again and again.
- Composition: 40% Wool, 40% Alpaca, 20% Organic Silk
- Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Approx: 197 yds
- Size:  Worsted
- Knitting Machine: Silver Reed LK150 or Silver Reed SK155
- Knitting Needle Size: US 7 - 9 / 4.5 - 5.5 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 4 – 4.5 sts = 1" / 18-20 sts = 4"
- Crochet Hook Size: 7 to I9 (4.5 - 5.5 mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 11-14 sc = 4"
- Care: Hand Wash, Dry Flat, Do Not Wring
- Product of: Peru
- Put-Up: hank. Must be wound before use.