220 Superwash GRANDE
The Yarn Store is proud to say that we stock ALL the colors in this wool line. We feel it fills a void in the [ 5 ] size Bulky category with that perfect gauge of 3.5 stitches per inch.
In my knit tests, the yarn worked up easily on US#10 needle. My stitch gauge was 3.75 sts = 1". If I went to a US 10.5 needle, I'm sure it would be a nice 3.5sts equals 1". The resulting piece was full of body, so will hold its' garment shape nicely. Because it is all wool (washable!) its' personality was warm, wooly and cozy.
This would be great for winter layering as a vest (perhaps a long vest) and an awesome zip up jacket. But I can also see it in some really cute bulky scarf and hat set.
These balls are supersized at 200 grams per ball, which is a whopping 220 yards.
- Composition: 100% Superwash Wool
- Weight: 200 g / 7.05 oz
- Approx: 220 yds / 200 m
- Size:  Bulky
- Knitting Machine: Might work on the bulky SK155. We've not test it yet.
- Knitting Needle Size: US 10 - 11 / 6.0 - 8.0 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 3-3.5 sts = 1" / 12-14 sts = 4"
- Care: Machine Wash Cool. Tumble Dry
- Product of: Peru
- Put-Up: hank. Must be wound before use.