Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock - Tomfoolery
Lorna's Laces is a hand dye company based in Chicago. Available in tonals as well as multis, this 80% Superwash Merino Wool 20% Nylon blend is soft, yet strong enough for great socks. The multi colors pool and swirl in unique ways, creating one of a kind socks for each knitter. They knit up especially interesting in slip stitch patterns. The tonals do well in all sorts of socks, from lace to cables, with a subtle color shading they add interest and depth to create stunning socks.
Our favorite slipped stitch sock is Amy Stringer's Scatterby Socks. This free pattern uses a unique slip stitch pattern to intentionally break up pooling that can happen with handdyed yarns. Plus, the pattern creates a little bit of interest while you're knitting. Link available here: Scatterby Socks. Image © Amy Stringer.
- 80% Superwash Merino Wool, 20% Nylon
- Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Approx: 430 yds / 393 m
- Size:  Fingering
- Knitting Needle Size: US 1 - 3 / 2.25 - 3.25 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 6.75 - 8 sts = 1"
- Crochet Hook Size: B-1 / 2.25 mm (C-2 / 2.75 mm, D-3 / 3.25 mm, E-4 / 3.5 mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 21-32 sc = 4"
- Care: Machine Wash Cold, Tumble Dry Low until just damp, Lay Flat to Finish