Queensland Collection - Kathmandu Aran 100 Yarn - Seaweed 18
A merino, silk, cashmere blend that is a rustic rock grey-green. Normally this drab shade is uninviting, but with subtle flecks of black, and lighter spots where the silk took the dye differently, this is truly a lovely shade. Kathmandu Yarn is a perfect worsted weight and knits to approximately 4.5 sts per inch on a US#8 (5mm) needle. It is an unusually soft and smooth tweed blend in a made in Italy. This luxurious merino, silk and cashmere fiber gives you a truly wonderful finished project.
Easy to knit or crochet. Hats, scarves or garments are ideal for this yarn. Reminiscent of home spun yarns or a rustic tweed with its' some what nubby textured. Some colors have a tweed color added in. The colors are deeply saturated shades. Can't say too much about this truly classic and wonderful yarn.
- Composition: 85% Extrafine Merino Wool, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere
- Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Approx: 208 yds / 190 m
- Size: [4 ] Worsted - Medium
- Knitting Machine: Silver Reed LK150 or Silver Reed SK155
- Knitting Needle Size: US 8 (5 mm)
- Knitting Gauge: 4.5 sts = 1"
- Crochet Hook Size: 7 / 4.50 mm - H / 5.00 mm
- Care: do not iron :: do not tumble dry :: dry flat :: do not bleach :: hand wash
- Texture: Plied
- Product of: Italy
- Put-Up: hank. Must be wound before use.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This yarn has a wonderful silky texture and excellent stitch definition. BThe Seaweed shade is as described, a lovely greenish gray. Makes a surprisingly good neutral, in my opinion.