Cascade Yarns - Heritage Silk - Vandyke Brown 5639 (awesome for shawls!!)
Extremely affordable, quality merino yarn blended with 15% silk. This touch of silk gives it an amazing drape over standard pure wool fingering weight yarns. Extremely popular for lace shawls and perfect knit or crochet T-tops or long sleeve tops for over jeans. In fact, this fingering weight yarn is perfect for a light weight crochet top. Don't forget the new baby! Knit or crochet a christening dress or sleeper for the new arrival.
Heritage Silk is a super-soft yet durable yarn that is machine washable and dryable because of its blend with superwash merino wool. Heritage has amazing stitch definition and with 437 yards and an array of colors, this yarn is great for one skein projects, such as socks, mitts and other fun accessories.
(Discontinued shade. This same color is available in Heritage Sock #5639. No silk, but quite soft and same size yarn. _
- Composition: 85% Superwash Merino Wool / 15% Silk
- Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
- Approx: 437 yds / 399.6 m
- Size:  Fingering
- Best suited for the Silver Reed SK280
- Knitting Needle Size: US 1 - 3 / 2.25 - 3.25 mm
- Knitting Gauge: 7 – 8 sts = 1"
- Crochet Hook Size: C / 2.75 mm (D / 3.25 mm, E / 3.50 mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 25 sc = 4" (10 cm) (23 sc = 4" (10 cm), 22 sc = 4" (10 cm)
- Care: Machine Wash Cold. Tumble Dry Cool. But we suggest hand wash and dry flat, if you can.
- Put-Up: Hank
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I do a lot of color work (Fair Isle) and like the solid thinner yarns. Also knit a lot of socks and like cables and simple designs. I find Cascade yarns work well for this. The hardest thing for me is to find a yarn that is thin enough but not too thin. This one borders on the 'too thin' side but it is worth working with because it feels just wonderful in my hands. So I make adjustments with my needle sizes and carry on! It's a steal at $12.50.