Sirdar Yarn - Alpine - Oxblood 405
(this is a dark dusky red - very sophisticated shade) Alpine Fake Fur Yarn has been a huge hit! The yarn is silky-silky soft, works up fast and if you keep it for yourself or a friend, it will never go in a box! I did one, and gave it to a friend who has been wearing it all winter. Despite it not being a natural fiber, it was very warm. Once your body heat warms up the fiber, it keeps giving back heat.
Alpine by Sirdar is the most realistic fur effect yarn they’ve ever developed and we think you’ll want to wear this cosy luxurious yarn all winter through. Perfect for beginners, Alpine knits like a super chunky and many of our patterns use only two or three balls. You can easily create a snood or scarf in just one evening.
A couple ideas I also had was to knit or crochet a hat, but do the brim in a thick band of Alpine with the rest of the hat being a basic wool. Or knit a scarf lengthwise, but do at least 1-2" in Alpine, switch to a complimentary simple yarn for maybe 5-6", then finish off with 1-2" of Alpine.
- 100% Polyester
- Weight: 50 g / 1.75 oz
- Approx: 36 yds
- Size:  Super Bulky
- Knitting Needle Size: US 15 (10mm)
- Knitting Gauge: 2 sts = 1"
- Crochet Hook Size: N /15 10mm (or slightly larger)
- Care: Machine Wash (but we'd just hand wash it)
- Put-Up: Skein. No need to reball!
- This image is just an idea image. See how the main part of the hat is knit or crocheted in a simple yarn, but the band is worked up in fake fur. This pattern is a Leisure Arts Crochet Pattern. But its easy to see how any knit or crochet pattern will work up with this yarn.